Nick Kyrgios called 'evil' and a 'bully' by defeated Wimbledon opponent Stefanos Tsitsipas Banter | Tennisspeak

Nick Kyrgios called 'evil' and a 'bully' by defeated Tsitsipas Banter

Credit - CNN

Tennisspeak - After losing to Nick Kyrgios in a tense encounter at Wimbledon on Saturday, Stefanos Tsitsipas suggested the Australian had a "evil aspect" to his character.

Kyrgios defeated Tsitsipas in four sets, 6-7(2), 6-4, 6-3, 7-6(7), on Court One, but the two maintained their dispute in their post-match press conferences.

Tsitsipas was agitated by Kyrgios' "continuous bullying" from the opposite side of the net and attempted to hit his opponent with a shot during the heated match.

The umpire cautioned Kyrgios for cursing and he was upset when Tsitsipas was not punished for throwing a ball into the crowd out of frustration.

"That's exactly what he does: continual bullying. He intimidates his opponents. He was most likely a bully in school. Bullies irritate me "Tsitsipas spoke to media after the game.

Credit - CNN

"I dislike those who make fun of others. He also has some positive characteristics. But he also has a very nasty side to him that, if uncovered, can cause a lot of hurt and misery to those around him."

Kyrgios, who has already made headlines at Wimbledon for his outbursts and daring shots, dismissed his opponent's comments as "soft."

When asked about the Greek shortly after the match, he claimed he had a lot of respect for him.

"I'm at a loss for words. I'm not sure how I managed to bully him. He was the one throwing balls at me, the one who hit a spectator, the one who smacked it out of the stadium "Kyrgios spoke to reporters after advancing to the round of 16.

"I didn't do anything disrespectful to Stefanos today. I wasn't pounding him with balls. To come in here and claim I bullied him is weak. We're not made of the same stuff. "I have to compete with individuals who are true competitors." " To let you know, I have a lot of pals in the locker room. In fact, I'm one of the most popular. I'm set. He is disliked. Let's just leave it at that."

Credit - CNN

Tsitsipas later apologised for sending a ball into the crowd and admitted to attempting a body shot on Kyrgios.

"I'm not used to playing like this," he admitted. "But I can't just sit there and act like a robot or someone who is absolutely cold and uneducated." Because you're doing your job and there's noise coming from the other side of the court for no apparent reason." " "I felt like there was something going on on the other side of the net every single point I played today."

"In a way, that's his approach of manipulating the opponent and distracting you. This is something that no other gamer does. I sincerely hope that all of us players can come up with anything to make this a cleaner version of our sport, where such behaviour is not acceptable, authorised, or tolerated."

Tsitsipas, who will face American Brandon Nakashima in the next round, should be more concerned with finding a means to beat him, according to Kyrgios.

"If I lost to someone two weeks in a row, I'd be really disappointed. Perhaps he should first figure out how to beat me a few more times "The Australian continued.

Content Source:-  

1) https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/03/tennis/nick-kyrgios-stefanos-tsitsipas-wimbledon-spt-intl/index.html

2) https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon-2022/wimbledon-stefanos-tsitsipas-says-nick-kyrgios-is-a-bully-with-evil-side/articleshow/92629089.cms

You may love reading the following New:

  • Tim Henman and Sue Barker get's into Emma Raducanu Grandslam debate after Wimbledon exit 

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    "Sounds like he is having a go at Federer" - Tennis fans react to Rafael Nadal's definition of 'talent' | Tennisspeak

    Reigning champion Berrettini Reaches Queen's final | Tennisspeak

    Max Wenders, Dutch Tennis Coach, Banned for Match-Fixing | Tennisspeak